7.26.2008

Welcome Sammi!


For the past few days I have been in the basement of the library at UNL (Univ of Nebraska) working with a special collection of archives for a research class. Down in the "dungeon" I have no cell signal so when I walked out of the library yesterday afternoon I got the message that Samantha Nicole Plas was born! She is 6 tiny pounds (what's that like???) and is doing really well. Kelly had her at 1 pm yesterday after 14 hours of labor with NO help from drugs. Superwoman for sure!

After talking to Kelly, I headed straight to the hospital. It's so special because Kelly was my nurse at the same hosital last year when I had EJ. Now we get to celebrate her precious miracle. I've prayed for this baby a lot so meeting her brought great joy! She is precious and sweet as you can tell from her picture. EJ gets to meet her tonight. I can't wait!

No comments: