10.15.2008

Calgon: Take Me Away!

I've never tried Calgon but now I fully understand their long-lived advertising campaign. EJ is is still battling the pneumonia and today he didn't want to be out of my arms. I will never complain about that because I love our cuddle time but it was a bit difficult when I walked into the living room and found Forsberg and the hot chocolate packet that he emptied on the CARPET and licked deep into the fibers. It was a HUGE mess. Normally, I would have been frusterated but I was beyond mad because Monday night I made a chocolate cake (because chocolate cake makes you feel better when you are sick :-) and yesterday Forsberg jumped up on the counter, knocked it down and ate the WHOLE thing while I was upstairs. And of course, he made a huge, sticky mess in the kitchen. I have been battling a cold/flu so just bending over makes my eyes want to pop out of my head. The LAST thing I wanted to do this week is clean MY CAKE off the floor and get hot chocolate out of the carpet.

Once I got the carpet clean, I got EJ's bath ready. When I took his pants off I found that he had pooped out of his diaper and it was all over his leg and clothes. I couldn't smell it beforehand because my nose is so stuffed up. So, I got that mess cleaned up and I laughed and literally had the thought, "Well at least nothing else can go wrong." That just tempted fate because after the bath, fresh diaper and pjs, I gave EJ his bottle and was rocking him. A few final minutes of cuddling and prayers before bed and he proceeded to throw up the entire bottle and what was left from dinner all over me. At that point I knew better than to say that was all that could happen!!!

Fortunately, God was looking out for me and gave two of my sweet friends the time and energy to bless us today. When hearing of our illness from Eric at Bible study this morning, Tracy brought the biggest batch of chicken noodle soup that she made from scratch. Then after a quick conversation with Kelly this afternoon, she brought dinner and chocolate cupcakes over. So, yes, my dog has been unruly and my kid pooped and threw up all over me but we are so blessed and are working our way back to good health. I must go now...my cupcake is waiting!

2 comments:

BigMomma said...

Oh my goodness ~ I'm laughing soooo hard. And I'm sorry about that, but I've soooo been there!

I hope your Cupcake was sweet and satisfying!

Tomorrow will be a better day! Still praying for ya'll.

Kris said...

Oh my...these are the types of days you can simply do nothing but laugh about it (with sad tears running down your face, of course!)...truly. I'm sorry!