10.20.2009

Fall Update

Our world has been hectic this fall! My biggest accomplishment was taking and passing the comprehensive exams in my doctoral program. While I loaded up some photos I didn't include any of the dark circles that took up residence under my eyes after all the study and stress! We'll just skip those and show you the fun pictures!



Earlier in the fall, EJ and I went to Denver for Katy's wedding and while I was enjoying the festivities, EJ and my parents went to see the lifesize Thomas the Train at the Colorado Railroad Museum. It was a dream come true for a toddler who loves Thomas!





It was fun seeing Katy get married and visiting with my friends. Here's the bride with me, the Sorensons and Trish at the reception.



We also got to celebrate Tricia's 40th birthday! We had a fabulous time at the Rio with her friends and family. We ended up shutting the place down...something I haven't done in a very long time! Here's the birthday girl with my parents and EJ at the beginning of the night.



With fall comes Husker Football! EJ and I made it to our first game this past weekend. Kaye and Grandma Carol were in town from Texas and got to come along. We were able to take them down on the field before the game. It's really neat to see the "tunnel walk" and watch the players run out on the field.







Eric and EJ got to enjoy some yummy ice cream at the game. Kaye and Carol had their first Runza, which is a German bread pocket with meat and cabbage. It's really popular in these parts, like In-n-Out in the West and Chick-fil-a in the South. I don't understand the midwestern affinity for them...I'd trade the Runza for either one in a heartbeat!


Check out the guy smiling over Eric's shoulder. We don't know him but he knew he was in the picture!

No comments: