4.21.2009

Boots & Language



The rainboots we got in Texas continue to be a hit. This morning EJ found the boots and put them on all by himself. As you can see he even wore them to breakfast and there wasn't a cloud in the sky!

I've also being meaning to post on his language development. He has learned the word "no" but in his world it means "yes." When I ask if he wants a snack he will say, "no nacks" and come take the snack out of my hand. Today I asked if he wanted to go to the park and he said, "no" as he grabbed the door handle. Once I figured out that he had confused the two terms I had fun asking him "yes" questions and getting the "no" answer. He also uses the same word for bird and bat which comes up every day. I'm getting better at using the context of the situation to know what he's talking about. That's important because the kid talks about bats, balls and birds all day long. Those are all fun but my favorite is that he is now calling me "honey." When he does say "Mommy" it comes out "ommy" and is super cute too.

No comments: