Today I hosted a "Sip-n-See" party for my friend, Andrea. I learned about Sip-n-See parties when I lived in the south. They are like baby showers but you wait until the baby is born so everyone can come "sip" coffee or tea and "see" the baby. It's great for second and third babies when the mom has what she needs but you still want to celebrate. Baby Karis is super sweet and smiles a lot! Everyone had fun holding her and playing with her big sister, Erin
I didn't get a picture of the cake but it had brown frosting with pink polka dots. When we picked it up EJ was very interested in it and called it "gook." He wanted "gook" all the way home and I kept having to tell him that the cake wasn't for him! He's not used to that!! :-)
A big thanks to my mom for helping me get ready for the party and to Katy for sharing her Devonshire cream recipe with me. It was a hit!
No comments:
Post a Comment