Operation No More Paci has commenced!
Eric and I have decided that it's time for EJ to give up his pacifer for good. This is the only week we have this summer to make it happen so we got mentally prepared for the "combat" and got to work.
Yesterday, we had EJ throw all his pacifiers in the trash. At first, he thought it was fun but when he realized what was really going on, he got very concerned. Then came the crying. He cried for 15 minutes at nap time so I went in and rocked him to sleep. Then last night he cried too but it was much shorter and he worked it out.
Nap time today was another story. He fought it hard. I had to set the timer on the microwave to help me not run to his rescue. He was still crying when the timer went off so I went and rocked him to sleep. Even still, he was SO MAD at me when he woke up. It took cheese slices and grapes for snack for him to finally come around!
Tonight we went for a bike ride, fed the ducks, played in the baby pool sufficiently wearing the little guy out. Eric was on bedtime duty tonight and he didn't fight it all. I really hope this means he is adjusting to life without the paci.
Operation NMP continues! Wish us luck!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment